How can we make My Study Life better?

Be able to input the grading system for a specific subject (since they all vary)

I hope there would be a way for me to keep track or my current grade. Like:

Subject GRADING SYSTEM:

Prelims 20%
Midterm 20%
Finals 30%
Quizzes 10%
Homeworks and papers 5%
Attendance and recitation 5%

TOTAL= 100%

then I can total these at the end of the semester. :D

so for example,
I have an exam on the 17th of July.

In the calendar, can simply press on the date July 17
1. add an activity (exam, homework)
2. input highest possible score
3. input score you got

then
there will be a tab for grades where I can see my current standing/ GWA based on computations of exams and homeworks for that subject.

as for attendance I can simply add the percent I got by editing the 5% on the GRADING SYSTEM for the subject that I indicated.:)

437 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

G shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dadijo Penguinez commented  · 

My school does grades in four sections:

Knowledge
        Application
        Communication
        Thinking/Investigation

And weights depend on the course and the teacher. We also have exams (usually 15%) and Culminating Activities (usually 15%). Maybe a weighting system can be put in place to accommodate these, too?

• Ludmila commented  · 

Totally agree, It would be great. Today I got the grade of an exam of a subject that lasts a whole academic year, so we have like 6 exams, it would be nice to be able to keep track of such an important thing

• iyad commented  · 

its like notes ,,, its so important

• TC commented  · 

A way to weight the grades differently, and add a classwork/ project section in an area that has all the grades and the average

• Anonymous commented  · 

Note the difference between grading system in (percentage or amount of pionts) and the actual grades. Both would be great

• Noah Allen commented  · 

I think this is one of the easiest things to implement from a programming point of view. Grades are super easy to keep track of because it's all numbers (which is what computers excel at. (ha)) Also, for me, this is the one feature that would make this a killer app. Right now it's great, but this would be a huge improvement.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Assuming you put a quiz/exam scoring input section and attendance per class notifier and selection, it would nice to have a section where we can input our teachers grading system so we can automatically calculate our own grades and have a record of our progress. Thanks.

• Brandon Turner commented  · 

grading systems are complicated to implement into a program since you'd have to factor in a ton of different things for each different class, like if there's a curve for instance everything gets thrown off, or if say an assignment is worth 100 points but also only 5% of your grade, it has to convert it, and also know the total points. it just gets really messy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base