How can we make My Study Life better?

Do not auto capitalize every word in a title

I do not want My Study Life to automatically capitalize every word in a title. I want it how I set it.

If I create a task with the title "Read pp. 1-17" it creates it as "Read Pp. 1-17". This is incorrect notation and not how I had it.

This applies to subjects, classes, tasks and exams.

97 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rachel MuntzRachel Muntz commented  · 

It's really annoying and grammatically incorrect to capitalize every single word in a title. English capitalizes the first letter of a sentence, proper nouns, and names only. Even in book and article titles, only the important words are capitalized, not "to" or "the" or "of." It looks ridiculous and it's irritating because I enter it as "Human Rights in a Global Perspective" and I get "Human Rights In A Global Perspective." Gross. No. Leave it how I put it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Keep the capitalisation in place - do not change it.

• Pearl CardisPearl Cardis commented  · 

that's bull. I like it with capitalisation!

• MATF StudentMATF Student commented  · 

Yeah, guys this is super retarded, I don't know why you even added this feature. It's only a practice in English and maybe some other languages, and even then, it looks pretty stupid. Let the users decide how they want their subject titles to be displayed ffs.

• SamSam commented  · 

This is also an issue in the web app.

• Noble ObodumNoble Obodum commented  · 

idk why this was even suggested!!!!! it doesn't matter! Mystudylife has more important things to do than this!

• Mike PMike P commented  · 

Most words in titles are always capitalized expect for the articles ("to", "the", "of") but even those are capitalized at times so it is normal.

• Anonymous commented  · 

When adding new classes which have several words, every word get automatically corrected to having a capital letter. This is pretty awkward in for example Swedish.

• Matevž ŠpacapanMatevž Špacapan commented  · 

I agree, it looks rather weird to see every word capitalised...

• Anonymous commented  · 

In many language, including mine, the first letter cannot be capitalized even in titles. This forces me to write in English.

Even in English, it looks bizarre: It capitalizes even words like "to" or "the"!

• PaulPaul commented  · 

because it looks stupid. only *SOME* cultures write *each* work starting with caps. most countries are used to a title like "The best app ever" instead of "The Best App Ever".
        ok, even if you like those crazy all-caps titles... A SUBJECT IS NOT A TITLE. it's just the name of the subject! let people decide what they want their subjects to look like. seriously, i find "English Language" retarded. it's much more logic when it's "English language". let people decide what they want. if i want those caps, i will press the shift key. not like it'a hard to do so.
        (note: i know the work "language" seems not needed here, but it's really needed when writing in MY language...)

Feedback and Knowledge Base