How can we make My Study Life better?

Subtasks

after creating a task under the subject have the ability to create tasks under that task for projects and assignments so you can plan to have certain aspects of the tasks completed by a certain time. I.E have a report due on the 30/12/2014 and be able to write a task under that saying the intro is due on the 29/8/2014 ect ect. it can help will allowing people to focus on consistently keeping up to date with there tasks and helps with keeping track of major projects

907 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jaynesh Vanmali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryce Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes totally, this is the biggest frustration I have, is not being able to add sub-tasks or even like a checklist for 1 task. I'd use in multiple ways such as what reading I have to do for the week. Instead of adding 10 different readings I would add "week 1 reading" with 10 subtasks or ten items on a checklist. This would be super helpful!!

• Yoel Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing, like i have a big homework assignment but there are 7 parts and each one is due at a different date. So it would be great to click on that project and see when i need to submit something.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What this should be is a clone of the Exams feature (making it faster to implement)

You make a "Project" and then you can make assignments that are part of that project but that have their own due date and other metadata.

• Victor Zhao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Say there is a history report due in 2 weeks. It would be nice to set a deadline for a first draft, reminder when we are doing peer editing, and a final deadline all within a single compound task.

• Dario KILLENBERGER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, would be awesome if an assignment could be broken down into smaller sub tasks which you can set to have an earlier due date, and tick of when it is done.

Users should be able to schedule tasks that have checkpoints. This can be used for important tasks such as research papers. I believe a feature should be added that helps the users plan their assignments out better with checkpoints. For example, if a paper is due 11/18, a user could set 10/05 as a paper topic due date. Then 10/10, as the date to finish the introduction of the paper and so on.

• Mahmoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be perfect if sub tasks added to main tasks like a check list and allow to add written notes and pics in task's details or in sub tasks

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea would hopefully help to organize long term tasks into one area. I think that the project section should be like a "folder" and having tasks within it and times for those tasks, as well as a final time for the project. It will be easier to create and organize smaller tasks into bigger tasks

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree with this suggestion, it would be beneficial to have various subtasks or parts to the overall task - for example a Folio.

We often get or need more then 1 task to finish an assignment
        For example when preparing a report, we need to;
        -gather data
        -research
        -write conclusion
        -etc

Right now each task only displays the percentage for completion. A better option would be to display the minor steps under each Task (i.e. a to-do list, and as one tick them of, the percentage increases automatically).

Have one due date that is when the task HAS to be handed in and one due date which is my own target for when i want it done.

i agree - if you are completing a big assignment, you will have smaller tasks or sections within this that you have to complete

so for example, if I have an exam on a chapter I can create a subtask for lesson one, lesson two, three, and so on. It would be cool if I could also mark completed on each subtask

I'd love to able to click on multiple dates for similar assignments. For example, many of my courses assign Q&As for each chapter we study. Currently, the app allows me to enter assignments individually, but it would make it more user friendly to list the assignment (Q&A) and click on the multiple due dates.

• VIP17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if we could do subtasks under a task = mean that there would be less procrastination as easier to "chew off"

A great addition would be a timeline on which we could plan parts of our projects and mark them off as done up until our due date

• Hannah Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For instance, if you have a paper due on the 18th, be able to mark the assignment as "long term" somehow so it would show up on the task list from when you start to work on the paper on the 1st all the way through the 18th. Currently, I would have to enter a bunch of separate assignment dates if I wanted to list something as a long term assignment to be worked on for several days.

• Jolene Valenzuela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice as some of my major homeworks have "milestones" like, for example, we need to write the paper first, then add photos, etc. It would be nice also if the sub-tasks, when accomplished, add to the percentage of the progress of its parent task. :D

• Mohammed Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if someone already suggested this honestly

Anyway I don't think the tasking tracking system is perfect yet

I was thinking of making the added task more professional in a way where u van add just one unit that includes many chapter

For example

Subject ABC
        Unit VI
        Chapter 2
        Topic A
        Question 13B (a)

With the option of adding a new topic/chapter/unit to the same task

And whichever topic finished we can just tick it and percentage is calculated automatically

Instead of making many tasks due the same date and track it by percentages

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base