How can we make My Study Life better?

Subtasks

after creating a task under the subject have the ability to create tasks under that task for projects and assignments so you can plan to have certain aspects of the tasks completed by a certain time. I.E have a report due on the 30/12/2014 and be able to write a task under that saying the intro is due on the 29/8/2014 ect ect. it can help will allowing people to focus on consistently keeping up to date with there tasks and helps with keeping track of major projects

763 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jaynesh VanmaliJaynesh Vanmali shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Right now each task only displays the percentage for completion. A better option would be to display the minor steps under each Task (i.e. a to-do list, and as one tick them of, the percentage increases automatically).

• Anonymous commented  · 

i agree - if you are completing a big assignment, you will have smaller tasks or sections within this that you have to complete

• Anonymous commented  · 

so for example, if I have an exam on a chapter I can create a subtask for lesson one, lesson two, three, and so on. It would be cool if I could also mark completed on each subtask

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd love to able to click on multiple dates for similar assignments. For example, many of my courses assign Q&As for each chapter we study. Currently, the app allows me to enter assignments individually, but it would make it more user friendly to list the assignment (Q&A) and click on the multiple due dates.

• VIP17VIP17 commented  · 

if we could do subtasks under a task = mean that there would be less procrastination as easier to "chew off"

• Anonymous commented  · 

A great addition would be a timeline on which we could plan parts of our projects and mark them off as done up until our due date

• Hannah SandersHannah Sanders commented  · 

For instance, if you have a paper due on the 18th, be able to mark the assignment as "long term" somehow so it would show up on the task list from when you start to work on the paper on the 1st all the way through the 18th. Currently, I would have to enter a bunch of separate assignment dates if I wanted to list something as a long term assignment to be worked on for several days.

• Jolene ValenzuelaJolene Valenzuela commented  · 

This would be nice as some of my major homeworks have "milestones" like, for example, we need to write the paper first, then add photos, etc. It would be nice also if the sub-tasks, when accomplished, add to the percentage of the progress of its parent task. :D

• Mohammed AhmedMohammed Ahmed commented  · 

I don't know if someone already suggested this honestly

Anyway I don't think the tasking tracking system is perfect yet

I was thinking of making the added task more professional in a way where u van add just one unit that includes many chapter

For example

Subject ABC
        Unit VI
        Chapter 2
        Topic A
        Question 13B (a)

With the option of adding a new topic/chapter/unit to the same task

And whichever topic finished we can just tick it and percentage is calculated automatically

Instead of making many tasks due the same date and track it by percentages

• Anonymous commented  · 

Killer feature, this would be!

• Anonymous commented  · 

When setting how complete a task is, you should be able to write what needs to be done in order for the task to be complete. For instance, if a document is complete but needs to be printed, you should be able to set that to show up as what need doing in order to complete the task.

Almost like a sub task if you like.

• Jordan StudiosoJordan Studioso commented  · 

Once we create an assignment we can create a checklist below it that has portions of the assignment. Ex. "Essay due mon" then have below it *intro, *thesis * idea 1, 2 3 et. We can check off each portion of the assignment and the app will automatically give our progress

• Kristen KillingsworthKristen Killingsworth commented  · 

this is the third time I have commented on this subject. Without the ability of subtasks, I have been forced to create 60+ tasks in order to keep track of my summer homework. Due to outside forces I fell behind on my tasks (like REALLY behind) and now I have to delete all 60+ tasks and start over or individually go into each task and change the description and due date. now, if I had had subtasks, I could have just deleted the whole project and restarted that way much easier and time efficient. This has been gathering feedback for 2 years now and has almost 600 of your users supporting this. I really like the way this app is formatted (for the most part) however this is one of the only app that doesn't have the ability to create subtasks. I don't know why it would be so difficult to put this into action. I would be really sad if I had to stop using this app because of this reason. But if subtasks don't happen I don't know if I can because I need this function so badly.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would really help, because I have a tendency to forget about tasks if I don't have short-term deadlines. If I could have a master deadline preceded by a number of incremental goals, that would be really useful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be incredibly helpful, I have trouble getting tasks done because they are large on their own, but being able to list and check off the steps would make things much easier!! It's too much of a nuisance to make a new task for each step in completing an assignment or an essay, but if there was a way to make multiple subtasks under each assignment the app would be WAY more useful!!

• DarjaDarja commented  · 

please expand the notification time frame to at least 1 week prior due date!

• Aaron JohnsonAaron Johnson commented  · 

The assignments should have it so we can go into more detail, make a checklist and we can tick when we've completed that part of the assignment and it will show a progress bar, when we tick them off.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Also maybe allowing (in addition to automatic) manual assignment of % completion to each subtask so that after each subtask is done, the completion slider will be updated.

• Melissa McEntireMelissa McEntire commented  · 

Splitting an assignment in to working chunks and schedule them by date and times. Some assignments require working on it more than once, or have different sections to be completed before the assignment is due.
        Perhaps setting it up like step-by-step process.

Assignment due date:
        Steps to complete it:
        1....... (date/time)
        2....... (date/time)
        3....... (date/time)

The steps could just be when I plan on working on the assignment, various "subtasks" within the assignment, or even parts of the assignment that are due in sections. Make it flexible.

• sandysandy commented  · 

Add fields to allow student to list materials needed, individual tasks to accomplish a larger task with due dates for each smaller task. Could include other kids that are part of the project.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base