How can we make My Study Life better?

Ability to prioritize tasks

Ability to prioritize tasks. More important tasks should have an exclamation point or flag and appear near the top of the list.

185 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Devon Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lewis Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prioritize was the first thing I expected when I opened it up, and I discovered it wasn't there.
    This is an important feature.. and needs to be added.

• Julius Voelker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When there is so many tasks on you taskboard you need to be able to hide the unimportant tasks and just view the important ones

• J. Klerk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to set a priority to a task so it always shows up in the task dashboard, regardless of it being due next week or next month. Would be nice for deadlines of big projects.

• Haypha A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there should be a button or an action button to prioritize the tasks
    or to number them atleast

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an anticipated timeframe for the adding of task organization?

Numerous others have requested the same ideas, such as "being able to re-order (or filter) tasks by class order / alphabetical / class alphabetical / priority / completion / custom dragging tasks around (optionally within due dates)."

This is something that would be extremely helpful, and is an important and major enough feature that it should definitely be included. Personally, it would majorly improve the quality of this service to have this feature. This is probably my biggest suggestion for this website, and this is a website which I use daily.

I know you all have a lot on your plate, but if you could consider thinking about adding this feature (or even telling us if you're already working on it), that would make this great website even better.

But that's just my two cents. (And, I guess, the two cents of the numerous others who've requested this.)

Sincerely, An Avid User of this Wonderful Website <3

• roqueja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a priority list and/or option to select when to work on an assignment, so that it can show up under the weekly calendar. Priority will also allow assignments to be sorted under tasks (good for very difficult assignments due in a long time; may require more attention than a simple task due tomorrow)

• Jeffrey Serio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have something where you could assign percentage of grade, estimated time to complete, and starting priority. That way it could automatically update and increase the priority based upon amount completed, estimated time to complete, and proximity to the due date.

I would like to be able to order my tasks by highest priority within a due date on the Tasks page.

As a grad student, I write a lot of papers. Need to differentiate papers from required readings. An easy way would be able to prioritize tasks, or to have a separate "papers" progress section.

If we have multiple tasks on one day, I think its important to see which one is necessary to be completed first, second, third, etch. This will keep students on track and focus, especially me and my friends who also own the app

• Marshall Nicholas McGowan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example.. The app by default sorts by the day the tasks are due in chronological order. I would like to be able to manually sort those tasks in the order in which I want to do them for organizational purposes.

• Madigan Copley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to assign numbers to the tasks as well so you know what order to do them in, please!

Personally, this is a feature that should already implemented as it keeps student on task an see what is necessary now that later on...:)

Feedback and Knowledge Base