How can we make My Study Life better?

Ability to delete a single class off the calendar if it's cancelled.

If your classes are cancelled for one day, there is no way to reflect that.

800 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex Makin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Logan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please add this feature. This would allow me to plan for holidays where I only get half a day off, or plan a cancelled class ahead of time. If my Lab for this week doesn't happen and I still get a reminder that I have Lab in 15 minutes, I freak out before I remember. This feature would be a Lifesaver.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. I have classes that are cancelled and/or meet irregularly and I would like a way to edit the calendar to reflect this.

PLEASE add this feature! I have seminars & labs with irregular scheduling where they skip weeks, so I need to be able to cancel individual classes.....this is why I need an app like this one, but it's not meeting my needs without the ability to remove individual classes!

• Blaž Grabnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make something like a replacement tool as if the class is cancelled another is put instead like to make it easy to change /replace it

• D. Logmans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have changes to my schedule almost every day and at the moment I just add the new subject to that hour. This way I also have the old subject in my schedule so it becomes really messy. Doing this is very unhandy and time consuming, but it is the only option I have. Adding this function would make this app a lot greater

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes my classes get canceled through the week and I end up forgetting, it would be cool if we could cancel a class for the one (or more) week that it's relevant to do so.

• Lauren Fay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a coding perspective, one could simply create an array called exclusions in the class object, and add all of the removed classes' dates to said array. Display the class on the table at the correct date IFF (if and only if) the date is not in the array of exclusions. I can think of a couple other ways to do it, but this way seems the least invasive to the code base.

• Lauren Fay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a class is cancelled, it would be nice to be able to remove that particular instance of a class, such that my schedule is more accurate.

Tutorials are often cancelled or are simply irregular, and it would be really nice to to be able to do this without having to enter in each tutorial as a one-off, instead of simply deleting the two weeks that I don't have them.

its not for one day, but for one class, but still have some other classes on the same day

• Malte Höpner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there is a lesson which doesn't take place it would be great to have an option to cancel the single lesson. So you can have a better overview and don't get push-notification for a lessons you can't visit.

• Chelsea Teoh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm all up for this! Most of the time, lectures/tutorials only get cancelled as one-off things. It would be great if there was also an option to move the class to another slot and be labelled "replacement".

• diablox848 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When one of your teacher can't be present, and that he moves the class to another time, or just cancels it, you should be able to write it.

• Justin Dittrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this hasn't been added already. Classes get cancelled for one-time a lot, so I figured this would've been something looked into? This would be especially helpful. My professors cancel class for one day pretty often because they understand how rigorous the coursework is.

• Karstin1812 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope this is gonna happen soon. Right now, to compensate, I just created a class called 'frí' (free/cancelled) that I just place on each class that I have off, without repeat. I would suggest that it'd be done by long tapping the class you want to cancel from the calendar screen, until an option called 'cancel once' comes up. Tap that, and the class will be crossed out. Do the same to un-cancel it.

• Fiona Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So often I get classes canceled so it'd be mouth better if I can cancel the class schedule in the timetable as a reminder to myself.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base