How can we make My Study Life better?

In-class Tests and Quizzes

I know that you can add Exams which are separate from Classes, but at my school, a lot of quizzes are in-class (part of the class), and I take my tests in-class as well (not final exams or midterms though). Currently, Exams are added to the calendar separately from Classes. Tasks (assignments) are not separate from Classes and when a Task is assigned to a Class, you can view that task under the Class. I propose that a Quiz and Test option should be added to the program. Tests and Quizzes should act like Tasks (assignments), in that they can be assigned to a Class and are not a separate on the calendar like Exams are. On the Dashboard, it should probably be viewed under the "Exams" block on the Android App and under "Classes/Exams" on the Web App. In the Calendar, you should be able to see that for that Class, there is a Quiz or Test, maybe even assigning Tests and Quizzes their own color on the Calendar. This way, when I add an in-class test or quiz, it doesn't have any "Conflicting Classes" due to the fact that it is actually part of that class.

280 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen commented  · 

THIS! Exams are usually held within a class period and adding an exam creates a conflict which is just more to maintain rather than intuitive design!

• Jakub Jabůrek commented  · 

In my country at high school, it is common to take an exam during the class of the given subject. Now whenever I create a new exam, I have to check when the class starts and what room it is. It would be nice if this could be filled automatically:

1.) select the subject
        2.) select the date
        3.) fields Time and Room are automatically filled with the class time and room on the selected date

• Power commented  · 

Add the ability to have the exams on class time.
        When I add an exam in my calendar, I have an hour and a date to fill, but that's not convenient.
        It would be easier and faster if we could put the exams on a class time.

• Sam Catania commented  · 

Just click a class in the calendar area and you can schedule an exam during that class.

• Anonymous commented  · 

When you put in an exam have an option where you can associate it with the class without putting in the time but by period.

• Kristina Murray commented  · 

This is a necessity! I have several tests and quizzes in my courses and they get lost in the task list until i'm very close to their date. It would be better if they were separate and possible even in the calendar view so that you can keep track of them well ahead of time.

• Martijn commented  · 

I'm in high school, and I have a lot of tests next to exams. it would be great to be able to add those in. tests happen in the same hour as lessons, but I'd like to see a warning for it like the exam warning. maybe you can make an extra option ''task. reminder. revision. test.''?

• Pedro S. Lopez commented  · 

This, please. It should allow you to add exams the same way you add tasks due at a certain class.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We should be able to put a test into the schedule, so that it will still say "Math", but also "Test", and so you can add the time needed. We should also have the opportunity to add extra info to exams,

• Tim commented  · 

Great idea. Same question.

• Ethan Tocco commented  · 

Be able to add an exam in a class, instead of putting in separate times for the exam.

• China Villalta commented  · 

Include option to choose what class the test will be held in that day rather than putting in what time it will start and how long the test will take.

• Pete commented  · 

Excellent idea. It would help to be able to add an exam to an existing class. Currently, adding an exam creates a scheduling conflict. To get rid of the conflict you can change the class time but that affects ALL occurrences of that class.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Instead of defining the hours of a certain exam, just add it to a existing class.

• Damien commented  · 

And instead of creating a new bloc in the calendar it will add an icon or special mark to the class in the calendar on the right date.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the only place that this application has a shortcoming. Adding simple in-class tests and quizzes would be fantastic.

• Lisa commented  · 

I'd like to have the option of saying whether I have a quiz rather than just a test. It doesn't fall under the category of an assignment, nor is it as big as having a test.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base