How can we make My Study Life better?

"Due in X Hours" should default to a calcuation based on class start time the day it is due.

Right now I have an assignment that is marked for class A, due tomorrow. Class A starts at Noon. There are 9 hours till the end of the day today. The dashboard says I only have 9 hours till it is due when it should really say I have 21 hours (9+12) till it is due. It is a small change but would be useful for managing time.

This would be easy to add while you are adding the assignment due time that has been suggested. Like the title of this idea, the due time should default to the start of class :D

135 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nick RichNick Rich shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Also, due in midnight, the kids so attempt to procrastinate. :(

• Angel E CharetteAngel E Charette commented  · 

This would be cool - not a necessity but would make life easier

• Karen HuangKaren Huang commented  · 

I would prefer it to count down the number of hours until it is due because let's face it, not everything can be prioritized and some things can be done 15 minutes beforehand. Plus, lots of assignments are now geared towards online submission which is more time sensitive and uploading until the second in order to make last minute adjustments/edits is unavoidable.

• Noble ObodumNoble Obodum commented  · 

I think they should do this after making an option to put what time the assignment is due. Most planners have this, my old one did. But my study life has more features and a cleaner, more streamlined design. One of my teachers says that her assignments are always due by 11:59 PM, unless otherwise specified. So this would be great. The "due today" is worse than number of hours, because time runs quickly, and it says due today even when the class is over. When the class us over, it should say "due ___ hours ago, late" or something like that

• TomTom commented  · 

Also, if the assignment is due by a late night submission, say 11 PM-11:59:59, the time left over should take this into account

Feedback and Knowledge Base