How can we make My Study Life better?

Be able to select a class (not just subject) for each task

Be able to select the class that the task is due for instead of just the subject. One may have multiple classes for a single subject.

154 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Karanvir Singh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teagan Giggins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating the task/editing it, should be able to assign it to a specific class in the future. Same should apply for the assessment or exam so that it can be connected easily and completed on time. Task completion dates and classed don't always line up.

• Brian Urbina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Include tasks and exams under the classes you created for the academic term. Essentially, making it quicker and easier to organize your tasks, assignments and exams for a specific class in a certain term instead of only for a specific subject.

• Julian Vu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important. As you continue in a particular study, you take more classes in the same subject area. Not being able to split my tasks/assignments by class instead of subject is very inconvenient!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Task should be for classes not for the type of class. Example I have two philosophy classes the app think one task is for every philosophy class not one

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a feature that allow us to write in our homework (not tasks nor revisions) in the class we are currently in and remind us a day before the due date. It also better if there are tick boxes for the completed ones.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! ... this ... I have multiple classes in the same subject, and need to create tasks that are module (i.e. class) specific, so they are not mixed.

• Aran whisler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, I have multiple classes that are technically under the same subject header across different days. Oftentimes I also have assignments due on days that I don't have their respective classes, so the app defaults to the wrong class in that subject that does occur that day.

It might be useful to be able to assign a specific class to each task created to keep it straight in the planner.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this seems like a major problem in an otherwise very polished app. I'm interested in hearing the decision for this, as it seems to have been intentional because it has been the same since 2013

• Jax R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to save assignments and exams within the class itself instead of entering it in another section. There is no differentiation in which class the assignment belongs to if you have more than one class.

• Brandon Roman (Carlos) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, MyStudyLife determines the class for which an task is due automatically, based on the task's context (due date and subject). This can cause problems when the user has two classes in the same subject on a single day. For example, I have two art history classes on Wednesdays (Black American Art and Modern Art), and no matter what I do the tasks I enter for Wednesday are always assigned to Modern Art. I'd like the option to choose a class manually so that my assignments for Black American Art are properly sorted.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to select a specific lesson so that app does think that work is in for different lessons. I do ICT and I have 4 different teachers. If I have work in for one teacher the app believes that I have work in for all teachers, when I know I don't. If this could be changed it would be very helpful

• Deepak Ramsingh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add tasks to specific class or module of subject should be implemented. This way, tasks within certain modules can be over viewed and addressed following the class.

• Jack Stride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the app assumes an assignment is for the first occupancy of the class in the day. I have 2 different English classes in a day and have different assignments for them so need to be able to split the assignments between them.

• Corey Kerstetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a double major and I like to have a "Subject" for each of my majors. I also have a "Subject" for Gen Eds. In these subjects, I have listed my various classes related to each. It would be great to assign tasks to these specific classes rather than just to the "Subject" they happen to fall under.

• Karin Krachtus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subject isn't Class because, while most people one subject is one class, if you are like me, and English Major, I have multiple "English" classes throughout the week, but they are diffrent classes, diffrent teachers. Also think about in undergrad over the course of your time you take multiple math classes so you keep the subject but maintain the class, and there are weekend workshops and all other kinds of situations where you have a subject, but have to put multiple classes. This is a great idea, because it can get confusing just seeing a task due but not being able to connect it to a class. Sure I can add a note in the details but connecting it to a specific class or subject would be better. Having both class and subject options would be ideal. Because there are tasks that I do for my Major (subject English) and tasks that I do for a specific class (subject English class Creative Writing)

• Isabel Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think that they should have the tasks listed by the class period which would be assigned to a subject, in ascending order so that you can get the tasks done in order of your classes which would also be awesome.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base