How can we make My Study Life better?

Either create an option for block schedule or create a way in which we can manually put in classes for each day without having to select how

For those with block scheduling (usually those in high school), classes won't be on the same day every week, especially when there are random school holidays, so the way MyStudyLife is right now is not very useful to us. Either create an option for block scheduling or create a way in which we can manually put in classes for each day without having to select how often the class is. This does make the process of putting in when you have your classes longer; however, it wouldn't be that to do just once a week. Please, it would be soo helpful! Thanks :)

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joshlyn John shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, after some exploring, I found where to setup block scheduling using the Timetables setup.

I like that you're able to change what letter the current day is, especially due to holidays or other skipped days. However, it looks like it adjusts the entire schedule, not just dates going forward.

That is, if the current schedule has:

Monday 4/16 = A
        Tuesday 4/17 = B
        Wednesday 4/18 = A
        Thursday 4/19 = B
        Friday 4/20 = A

If I say, today, Thursday 4/19 = A, then Monday - Wednesday should NOT be changed.

It should be:

Monday 4/16 = A
        Tuesday 4/17 = B
        Wednesday 4/18 = A
        Thursday 4/19 = A*
        Friday 4/20 = B*

* changed

Otherwise, looking at the past schedule would be very confusing as the day of week would shift.

Is this a correct observation? If so, what are your thoughts on it.

Thanks!

• Michael Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. You say that block scheduling is completed, but I don't see how to use it either in the app or website. Is there a help file somewhere that shows how to setup block scheduling?

• Sine Otter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running into this myself with some college level courses too-A floating Saturday lab course can't currently be put in as a course day at all with it marking it as happening every week

Feedback and Knowledge Base