How can we make My Study Life better?

Add days off and dates of school holidays!

Pretty much self explanatory :)

418 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

emily heyting shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kenneth Ng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jamie Clarke Yes that's what I'm talking about. Only 3 classes show despite the holidays set...

• Kenneth Ng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just saying, it only said that the first 3 classes you attend, can't it be the WHOLE day?

• Malcolm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't be using this app next year if they can't even add this simple setting. It's been almost two years. Are you kidding me?

• CrisPid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Returning with the same question after almost 2 months : Any ETA for this fix? Any hopes that will be released soon?

Not having the possibility to skip Ped Days or holidays will make your application useless. For example, now it's showing me tomorrow's schedule for today because I had a Ped Day in the last month that was not skipped by this app.

Fact: Because of not being useful, I will wait more (this month), but if there will be no developments or news, I will be forced (unfortunately - because I like it at the beginning) to un-install it and look for something else.

Thanks a lot.

• Kiauna McFarland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes i REALLY need this! I dont want to be having notifications during spring break that i have a class at 8 in the morning when i DONT -_-

• Louise Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a revolving timetable means its now out of sync, really need to add the holidays in. Would also need to be able to state how the rotation would start after each holiday or collapsed weeks. Thanks

• Nasri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you so much for this because this is what i think should be improved immediately!!

Any ETA for this improvement?
        (ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival)
        Again, thanks a lot for working on this.

• Noble Obodum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be great! And make it so rotating block schedules (like Class A: History & Class B: English, 3rd block) skip the holidays and pick up from the opposite subject. Like let's say before Thanksgiving break you had History on Tuesday and then went on break. Make it so that on Monday, instead of counting all the holidays as school days (and having History again) it jumps to English, since the last subject we did was history. That would be super helpful! Thanks!

Yes, It will be very useful and after doing a lot of research your app will be (maybe) the only one that could do all the followings:

1. To have the possibility to chose your own specific number of days/cycle (ex: for the people with 1 week calendar schedule, the cycle will be 5 working days, for people with 2 weeks cycle, the actual cycle would be 10 working days but these are available in any other calendars). Your app needs to have any other number of days/cycle and will be unique and very useful for a lot of people (ex: 4 or 6 or 8 or 9 working days/cycle).

2. In case of a one or two day Holiday or 1 week vacation, the cycle should skip these days off and continue with the following day number (if before the Holiday was day 8, after the Holidays should be day 9 regardless of the length of that break). Of course these breaks/Holiday could be entered from the beginning in a separate table for the entire year so, these days would be the ones to be skipped by the school cycle.

In case you will manage to do this (and maybe sooner rather than later) you will be THE BEST in my humble opinion. From my research, I understood that it's not something very easy to be done. So, crossing my fingers for you. You are my last hope. Thanks a lot.

• Amanda Wofford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need this! Classes get cancelled sometimes by the professor so there should be an option to mark "off" for that class!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base