How can we make My Study Life better?

Add a greater range of scheduling options for classes

The ability to add one off classes, classes which occur more than once a day, classes which don't occur on the same day each week, start/end date for classes etc.

Original description:
"I'm a University student, and my timetable isn't constant week in, week out. For example I have tutorials and workshops on certain weeks during the year and there is no option for me to enter this, because your timetable is based on people that have consistent classes. Expanding this to include a greater range of options would improve this."

158 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I'm in high school and I have a timetable with two weeks (week 1 and 2). I have exactly the same subjects for each weeks, but at different times between the two weeks. E.g., I have French first every Monday on week one but on week 2 I have religious education first. If there was an option that can work with this scenario this app/website would be the ultimate best.

• Finn PorterFinn Porter commented  · 

I forgot to mention that I sometimes even have classes that repeat for a couple of months and then have a few errand one-off times when they occur. so a combination option would be great too.

• Finn PorterFinn Porter commented  · 

I've got pretty random dates and times for my classes and I'd greatly appreciate if I could add several one-off dates/times to one class. At the moment I'm adding the same class 4-8 times to accommodate the lack of this feature. Is this going to happen any time soon or are you not considering this at the present time? From what I can tell in the comments, I'm not the only one with this problem.

• jgibbo18jgibbo18 commented  · 

There's no option for fortnightly classes and that's what I have :(

• AndreaAndrea commented  · 

Music Majors have a recital class that only meets 4 or 5 times per semester and scheduling that would be really helpful because those random dates are very easy to miss.

• Rafael GlezRafael Glez commented  · 

I think that would be a great idea to add an option for selecting several dates for a same "once lesson".

For example: in the current version, if I have a Cardiology class about EKG on 23 Sept, another on 15 Oct and another on 19 Nov, I need to create the same "once class" 3 times. It would be great that there were an option to create only an item an add to it the 3 dates.

Regards from Spain. Fantastic app.

• RÁCZ AndrásRÁCZ András commented  · 

it is already possible to add one-off classes, but not one class with multiple custom dates/times.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

YES My school does rotation days: a,b,c,d,e,f and theres options for that too!

• Sophie GermanSophie German commented  · 

My school does X and Y days. I managed to work those in on the current format by using Fortnightly options but it was tedious. myHomework app does X and Y, take a look at that for pointers, but overall is not as useful as MyStudyLife.

• pdchua2pdchua2 commented  · 

Yes! Like iCal's "delete only specific instance" or "delete all instances from this date onwards" rather than plain delete everything. And having a dedicated feature to talks/seminars/workshops would be nice.

• .. commented  · 

I am a high school teacher and completely agree with your suggestions, especially syncing with the Google Calendar. I just posted that idea prior to reading your suggestion.

• Leonoor KempermanLeonoor Kemperman commented  · 

I have the same thing, my school works with a 7 day rotating schedule, so week 1 could be ABCDE, week 2 would then be FGABC, etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I mean the start or end week.

• RÁCZ AndrásRÁCZ András commented  · 

+1 for the second one.
        next time please file different ideas separately! thx

• Anonymous commented  · 

this is something that i greatly require, please consider adding this.

• lisa mckoylisa mckoy commented  · 

l need to write in my timetable sheet all the time

• EliassEliass commented  · 

Just to be more clear the tdsb school board runs in a four day cycle so it will be hard to make a schedule with a week schedule

• EliassEliass commented  · 

By the way, this is commmon for schools in Ontario, Canada so it will be greatly appreaciated!

Feedback and Knowledge Base