How can we make My Study Life better?

Repeating Tasks

I want to be able to create a task with a due date that repeats weekly (i.e. every Monday)

621 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Claire Casey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • João Ru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only feature I want that is preventing me from switching over from myHomework. This app is pretty much perfect and the UI is beautiful but the inconvenience caused by the lack of repeating tasks is really unfortunate.

• Christina Geiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful. One of my design courses wants me to sketch for 45min to 1 hr everyday (all 7). Once would be good, twice is excellent. With a checklist I'm less likely to push it off until later, then the next day, the next week, no really, I'll do 8 hours on blahday to make up for it.... But making a task for literally everyday of the semester? Ugh.

• Hamotron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this! I need to put in tasks that repeat biweekly, or even every day.

• Grady King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to switch over from myHomework to mystudylife, but this is a complete deal breaker to me because I have to have reminders every day for me to read pages in my book, and if I don't have the reminder I don't read the book. I won't use mystudylife until this is added.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great implementation! I have tasks that are have the same datelines (sunday) that happens on a weekly basis. I believe that there should be an option to remove one occurrence of the task specifically as well, as there may be a week where that the task is not assigned.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea that needs to be implemented! Just about every course I have ever had has included some form of repeating task and it is quite annoying to enter this manually for each week, for each class.

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing this app is lacking for me. For several classes, I have something to submit that occurs each week before class, and I use a Google Calendar reminder so I don't forget. But the idea of downloading this app was to keep all my schoolwork separate from my Google Calendar!

Putting in fourteen of the same assignment individually: Not fun.

• callie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many classes that require weekly journals etc and putting them all in often takes hours. This would be very helpful!

• Ler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, This is 100% necessary. There is no way around it. I have classwork that I have to do every day, and it is way too tedious to file the same task in for every upcoming day. Repeating tasks would improve this sooo much!

• k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential, Definitely a necessary feature as it is a very common occurrence for many students

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesss! There are tasks that need to be completed on a daily / weekly basis, and it would be awesome not to have to re-enter for each individual date needed. Otherwise loving this so far!!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be PERFECT! That is the one downside with the app, having to schedule the same tasks that are due each week.

• Rinji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will really help since I have so many same assignments that are due every week, like weekly papers, or lab reports I'm supposed to do every week.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base